Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blindspot

I came across the concept of blind-spot while driving in the US, when I nearly crashed into a $70K Jaguar on a Chicago freeway. My friend, who owned the tiny Dodge that I was driving, would have been a wee-bit in trouble :)... but I never forgot the lesson

Exactly like the man in the latest tv ad by ClickJobs.com, some people just choose to ignore all signals hitting them like hailstorm. Am sitting in a session by an over-optimistic professor who cracks jokes with aplomb, and then laughs at them himself, with tireless enthusiasm - day after day. In a class of 50 students, 40 of whom never take their eyes off their laptop, 3 are barely able to keep their eyes open, 4 who have never blinked - I guess its only the 3 optimists, who keep smiling at all the jokes, competing to participate and think they make sense, keep the prof going.

But it leaves me surprised at the fact that the prof goes through each and every class with the same routine. Is classroom learning a one-way street?

No comments: